Monday, September 21, 2009

#77...ink drip lampshade

I decided to embellish this plain looking lampshade with some India Ink that I had leftover from a previous art class. To create the drip effect on the linen lampshade, I mixed about 1 teaspoon of ink and half a cup of water into a jar. Then I simply dipped a round small paint brush into the ink solution, and wiped it at the top of the shade, watching the ink drip down. Tyler said that he likes how it looks, which is good, because sometimes I wreck perfectly nice things with my offbeat painting ideas.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this one! How did I totally miss this one on Friday night? Oh wait, wait, maybe it was all the wine.. oops.

sweetcheese said...

Absolutely beautiful! I hope you consider imitation the sincerest form of flattery because I might just have to make one for my home!