Wednesday, April 7, 2010

#169...slipcovered seat

I bought this bent plywood style chair at the Goodwill for $10.
It is similar to this chair from CB2.
I decided to attempt slipcovering the chair for my client Hilary's desk area that we have been working on. I removed the legs, and traced the shape of the chair onto craft paper, creating a pattern. After cutting my front and back fabrics, I added a layer of batting to each panel prior to sewing them together, which helps give the chair a bit of padding and also helps the fabric slipcover fit better. Here is the end result...........

The front fabric is Thomas Paul for Duralee, found here. The back fabric is from JoAnn's and is a gray rattan print that I found in shop, but unfortunately cannot find online. The yellow piping is made from Sunbrella fabric.

1 comment:

the dowiaks said...

i love this chair! it's SO cute and perfect for my space! it might even be my most favorite thing in my living room and there's a lot of cool stuff there! :)

great job, christie!!