Friday, April 29, 2011

#332...chalkboard bunny

Tomorrow, we are having my Mom's retirement party here at our house. She is a 3rd grade teacher, and she has a black pet bunny that shares time in her classroom and at home. His name is "Bunny" and he became the mascot of our party planning decor for the event. Tyler and I decided to make a giant chalkboard bunny cutout to use as a beverage sign at the party. Here's how we made it............. 
We each took a stab at freehanding a bunny shape on a 4x4 piece of thin plywood. I drew in orange Sharpie and Tyler finalized the shape in black.
Next, he cut out the bunny shape with a jig saw

I spray painted the edges with black paint and then proceeded to brush paint the surface of Bunny with Rustoleum Chalkboard paint. I did about 3 coats of chalkboard paint, and did a test run with chalk to make sure it would erase off, and he's ready for the party!


1 comment:

sol said...

Amazing!!! I'm sure the party will be a hit!!