Friday, June 21, 2013

#621...tessa's nursery

A few weeks ago I shared about how I made this leaf collage art piece for baby Tessa's nursery. I also made a patchwork quilt for her.
Tessa's Mom Laura had two fabrics that she wanted to incorporate into the quilt. The pink fabric on the above changing pad cover, and the top fabric on the below stack of fabrics. I rummaged through my stash, and purchased a couple fat quarters to complete the fabric selection for the quilt.

I recently had opportunity to visit Tessa, and take some pictures of her new room. Tessa's Dad did all of the carpentry involved adding the wainscoting to her walls. Originally, Laura planned to paint the wainscoting white and the wall space above in aqua, but decided to flip the color scheme and ended up using the white ceiling color to wrap onto the wall space above the wainscoting. The room is the perfect amount of girly, yet quirky and also minimal. I really like how it turned out.




Laura and I explored various ideas for putting Tessa's monogram above her crib. She had some vintage wooden frames that got spray-painted white. We came up with the idea of having her initials monogrammed on linen. Laura cut foam core board to the shape of the frames and wrapped the monogrammed linen over the foam core, and inserted into the frame, sans glass.

No comments: